New Mobile App for Technicians
Today, we launched Dispatch Field. Dispatch Field is designed only for field technicians, and its fast, lightweight design will cause less frustration and more independence for your team. Dispatch Field is the beginning of Dispatch’s new initiative to focus our applications on what our users must do to get work done.
Dispatch Field was built for doing work in the field, plain and simple, and we’ve removed the issues and distractions that keep your Technicians from completing their work.
Benefits of Dispatch Field include:
- Technicians can update an appointment status with low connection
- Technicians refresh appointment status by “pulling down” the screen in the app
- Decreased data usage
- Accurate location tracking
- Attach photos in seconds
You should only download Dispatch Field if:
- You’re having work assigned to you, and are simply statusing work and adding notes and photos in the field.
- You don’t need to accept or schedule work
- You’re not adding jobs via the mobile application
- Your team is not using Billing or Call Masking
Dispatch Field’s focus is to provide reliability for technicians across Dispatch in order to alleviate the largest pain points we’ve heard from dispatchers. Since Dispatch’s largest user base is field technicians, we knew that this would be the best starting point for our initiative. Dispatchers, don’t worry, we’re working day and night to build functionality that allows you to use this lightning-fast app in the near term, too.
To install the new mobile app for your device, visit the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, then search for "Dispatch Field".
Apple App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dispatch-field/id1248446676?mt=8
Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.dispatch.field.store
Thank you for your patience, encouragement, and feedback, and happy Dispatching,