In addition to Job Offers you might receive from a partner company on the Dispatch platform, you can also add your own retail jobs that you receive independently. This capability allows you to manage all of your jobs, appointments, and technicians in one place, no matter how they come to you.
To add a job in the web application, you have two options.
- On either the Jobs page or the Schedule page, you can click on the Create Job button at the top right corner of your screen.
- On the Schedule page's Calendar pane, you can also hover over the time slot that you wish to book that Job's first Appointment and click on the Plus (+) sign
Whichever of these two options you use will launch the job creation dialog, which has three columns: Customer, Job Info, and Schedule. The below sections will detail your options in each of these sections.
You can search for existing customers that you’ve already entered into Dispatch by typing in the Search Existing Customers field. Typing a letter will bring up existing customer names containing it, and the results list will become more exact more as you type more letters.
Clicking on the customer's name will load their existing information.If you want to add a new customer, you can click Add a New Customer.
An empty customer form as seen above will then load for you to add their information. First Name and Address are the only required fields. As with the existing customers field, typing a number or letter into the Address field will pull up a list of nearby addresses, which you should click on to register.
Although not required, we strongly encourage you to add at least one Mobile Phone number so that the customer can receive text message notifications about their scheduled appointments and review requests. By default, this number will have Send Notifications enabled. You may also Add Another phone if you wish, and you can even Send Notifications to multiple phones.
You may also want to add an Email address for notification purposes. The remaining fields, Company and Customer Notes, may prove valuable in certain circumstances but are entirely optional.
Once you've entered the customer, you can fill out the Job Info section with at least the required fields of Title and Description.
The Service Type dropdown is controlled in your Team Settings, and Source is an open field designed to capture how the job lead came to you (e.g. online ad, referral, etc).
The Job Address field captures a different location for work than the Customer Address, most often when the Customer owns or manages the property where the work is to be done. If left empty, the Customer Address is assumed to be the Job Address as well.
From the Schedule page Calendar
If you used the Plus (+) sign option on the Calendar to create the job, you will find that the Schedule section is preloaded with content based upon where you clicked: Date, Arrival times, and Tech are present but may still be edited.
From the Create Job button
If you used the Create Job button, you have two options for how to proceed:
- You can click the Create Job and Schedule Later button in the lower right corner, which will set the status of the job to Unscheduled. At some point in the future, you can allow schedule the appointment and assign a Technician
- You can pick a Date and Arrival times and choose not to assign a Technician at this moment in time. The same button will then say Schedule Job and Assign Later.
- You can choose all of the available options -- Date, Arrival times, and Tech -- after which the button will say Schedule and Assign Job.
On the mobile app, job creation works largely the same way, though there are some visual differences in the appearance of the user interface.
To create a job, you can tap the Plus (+) sign in the bottom menu.
If there is no job present on a certain day, you can also use the Add a Job button.
Either of the above options will take you into the Create a New Job screen.
You can add a Job Title here, and click on the arrows to fill out the other sections. Here are some valuable notes about how these fields work in the mobile app:
- The Customer entry can accept new or existing customers. Existing customers will be checked against their phone numbers or email addresses so that a duplicate record will not be created.
- The Address entry captures the Job Address, and for new customers, this address becomes the Customer Address as well. You can change the Customer Address later in the web application if necessary.
- The Add Appointment entry has a Window Duration field rather than an end time.